Due Dates: How long before my book is due?
- Books are checked out for a 2-week period. If the due date falls on a non-school day, the due date is the next day that school is in session.
California K-12 Digital Resources: How do I get the user ID and password for home login to to these resources?
- The user ID and password to login from home to the CA K-12 Digital Resources are provided when you login to your Aeries account in the Resources section on the home page.
Holds: Can I place a hold on a book?
- Yes. You can either tell the Library Specialist which book you would like to put a hold on OR you can place the hold yourself online. Just go to the library page, click "login" at the top (your username and password are the same as your computer login at PHS), type in the name of the book that you would like to put a hold on, click on the title, then "hold it".
Hours: What are the library's hours?
How many books may I check out at once?
Renew: Can I renew my book online?
- Yes. Go to the library page, click on "login", then enter the same username and password that you use to login to PHS computers, search the title of your book, click on the title, then click on "hold it".
Renew: Why won't the computer let me renew my book online?
- If your book is already overdue, it will not allow renewals. At this point, you must speak to the workers in the library to renew your book.
Status: Can I see online what books I already have checked-out and when they are due?
- Yes. Go to the library page, click on "login" at the top of the page, and enter your login information (username and password are the same as your PHS computer login). At this point you can see the status of all books, due dates, holds and fines.
Web Filter: Why does the school block some websites?
- Congress enacted a federal law, Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA), that requires schools and libraries to implement Internet safety policies which address: "(a) access by minors to inappropriate matter on the Internet and (b) the safety and security of minors when using electronic mail, chat rooms, and other forms of direct electronic communications" as well as limit "offensive content" over the Internet. PHS contracts with Butte County Office of Education (BCOE) to run our Internet filter.